Friday, May 16, 2008

Recycled Art


I'm sure that I have mentioned, on more than one occasion, how much I admire artists who look at a piece of junk at a garage sale and see art. Now, don't get the wrong idea, it is not art as it sits at a garage sale for ten cents, but once the artist gets their hot little hands on the piece, it is suddenly transformed into a work of art.

The Queen of Queens shop owner shares my vision and I admire her for it. One of my favorite pieces of her collection is a small bowl that she saved from becoming a piece of trash by painting a fishbone motif onto it. Kudos Queen of Queens! And by the way I love the name of your shop because who does not love being a queen - at least for one day - so to be the Queen of Queens - you go girl!

So, whether you are a queen of your own world or just aspire to be one, check out the Queen of Queens etsy store for a variety of hand painted splendor.

0 comments: